FRESH STRAWBERRY COMPOTE WITH RICOTTA
- Place the hulled strawberries in a small saucepan with the orange juice and honey.
- Cook the strawberries gently on a medium heat until they begin to soften and release their juices.
- In a small bowl mix together the cornflour and a little of the strawberry juices. Ensure there are no lumps.
- Mix the the cornflour into the strawberries to thicken the juice then reduce until a jammy consistency, ensuring the strawberries retain some of their shape.
- Spread the ricotta over a slice of toasted sourdough, then top with the cooled strawberry compote.